My mum is afraid of browned bananas.
Personally I don't care that much for bananas on their own. I love them in a smoothie or baked into things, but the thought of just peeling a banana and eating it makes me shudder. It's the same feeling as someone running their fingernails along a blackboard. Something about the texture has me convinced that God created them to be eaten by babies who have no teeth, or old people who have lost all their teeth.
So when the bananas in our fruitbowl start to brown, mum tells me to hurry up and bake something with them before she throws them away. This banana and raspberry bread is my go-to recipe.
(also, how cute are these loaf liners? I found them in a random store in adelaide last year.)
Banana & Raspberry Bread
1 1/3 cup self-raising flour
1 cup plain flour
2/3 cup raw sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
450g-ish of mashed banana
2/3 cup canola oil
2 tsp vanilla essence
125g fresh or frozen raspberries
1. Grease and flour a standard loaf tin and preheat the oven to 150C.
2. Sift the flour together in a large bowl and mix in the cinnamon and sugar.
3. Make a well in the centre and add in all the wet ingredients. Using a wooden spoon, stir until well combined.
4. Gently stir in the raspberries.
5. Pour into the loaf tin and sprinkle lightly with some raw sugar.