Every baker's dream!
But mostly, these are amazing not because they are easy to make, but because they are delicious. Chewy, chocolatey, oaty, maple-y and nutty. They are the all-rounder choc chip cookie and are kind enough to save you time on the washing up.
Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
recipe adapted from bakerella
1 1/3 cup of plain flower
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup oats
3/4 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup of white chocolate chips
1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans (these can be alternated with any other type of nuts or some shredded coconut)
1/2 cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180C
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Add the egg, melted butter and vanilla extract and mix until well combined (if you want to venture out and use a second bowl to whisk the wet ingredients together first, that probably wouldn't be a bad idea)
4. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
5. Roll into balls using about a tablespoon of mixture for each one and place them spread out evenly on the tray.
6. Bake for about 10-12 minutes.
Make sure you don't get distracted by the movie your brothers are watching because then you will burn them and not be able to eat or take pretty pictures of them.
As a general rule, cookies are always better undercooked!
Also, because all of the dry ingredients are mixed together, you can easily layer the ingredients in a glass jar and give it as a gift. Just label it with instructions on what wet ingredients to add and the temperature and time of baking.